Friday, July 25, 2008

Shabbat Shalom 22 Tamuz 5768

Protecting John Edwards
Media only reports GOP sex scandals


Former Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards (D) is having an affair and even fathered a child with his mistress. Is it true? I don’t know and I don’t care. I shouldn’t say I don’t care. Paulies Point has been very supportive of Edward’s wife Elizabeth, who has been battling cancer since being diagnosed in November of 2004. The idea that a former United States senator, who came within a few percentage points of becoming a heartbeat away from the Oval office may be cheating on his cancer stricken wife and fathered a child with the other woman, is disturbing to say the least.

Just as disconcerting is the pick and choose journalism that is dominating the mainstream media. While the major networks and liberal cable news channels couldn’t stop reporting the alleged homosexual foot maneuvers of Republican Senator Larry Craig in an Minneapolis airport bathroom last year, the eyewitness accounts supporting the tabloid reporters story that Edwards is committing adultery and has a “love child,” is simply being ignored by the entire profession.

Both Craig and Edwards have denied any wrong-doing. Regardless of their innocence or guilt, if the media is going to report the alleged sexual practices of political figures, they must do so in an objective and non-bias manner. However everyday in this country the journalism profession continues to show itself as a corrupt profession infiltrated by agenda-driven liberals, who are unable to offer fair objective reporting.

It’s bad enough if the media is bias. This means that certain stories may be downplayed or presented in a manner that favors one point of view over another. Today we are seeing this favoritism taken to an unprecedented level in which members of the press use their credentials as journalists to push a particular political agenda that is a danger to the very foundation this country was founded on.

When the founding fathers guaranteed freedom of the press in the constitution, they knew that government needed a watchdog group to keep them honest and keep the people informed. The very notion that the same press has taken up their own agenda and overwhelmingly support and to an extent work for one of the two major political parties governing the nation, will eventually have catastrophic ramifications for everyone.

This weekend the National Enquirer will release the photo's taken by the reporter who supposedly confronted Edwards at 2:40 in the morning in a Beverly Hills hotel. If the pictures are incriminating, how will CBS, MSNBC and the New York Times cover the story? Will they cover it all?


Paulies Point Update
Your brilliant blogger gets candid

Some of you have been asking me why I have been posting less and releasing Tuesday and Friday editions so late? The answer is simply time and fatherhood.

We have had a beautiful summer in Chicago and I have taken full advantage of every minute. I have been spending all my spare time with my wife and children. The nearby water park, miniature golf course and my own backyard is were you will find me with my wife and sons. I have been away from the computer more in recent months than I have been in fifteen years.

Despite what Al Gore tells us, the summer has been warm and pleasant, not dangerously hot and detrimental to human existence. As much as I love writing and solving the world's problems, everything is secondary compared to my family.

As we move into August and closer to Labor Day, you can still expect a few postings a week. I cannot promise that will be stepped up as we get closer to election day. Usually at this time of the year during an election season, my talents are utilized by one or more political campaigns. That will be the case this year, but in a more private and policy related manner.

Thank you for continuing to read Paulies Point and check back daily. You never know when your brilliant blogger will be doing his part to save the world...or get pissed off and need to vent.

Paulie

2 Comments:

At 7/29/2008 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your perspective on all things political and otherwise.
I was in Chicago a month ago visiting relatives and we were treated to the most gorgeous weather as we took the Chicago river boat ride and had lunch on the river and then of course desert at Ghiradelli's. Fabulous!!

 
At 7/29/2008 4:43 PM , Blogger Paul Miller said...

Thank you anonymous.

I am embarrassed to admit that I have yet indulged myself at Ghiradelli's, but I've heard nothing but good things. When it comes to sweets in the Chicago area, residents could never try all the bounty available.

Your words are kind and greatly appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites