Monday, June 26, 2006

Wrong Man Executed

Chicago Tribune Uncovers Wrongful Execution

This past week the Chicago Tribune began publishing a 3 part series of an innocent man who was executed by the state of Texas in 1989. This story is very hard to stomach, but I strongly urge all my readers to read the Tribune report, which concludes in tomorrows edition.

If you believe that innocent people can't be executed in our country, this will change your mind. I myself have never been a strong proponent of the death penalty and this story is an wxample of why. I do still believe in capital punishment in particularly heinous murders (kids, cops, hate, multiple, serial). In modern times I strongly believe that physical evidence, especially DNA must be undeniable for a person to be sentenced to death.

This great piece of journalism, which is rare in a profession that's respectability is beneath trial lawyer and pimp, will make you rethink everything you believe about the death penalty and our legal system. Kudos to the Tribune.

Darfur Ok, Baghdad No Way... part II

Last week you read my commentary in American Thinker "Darfur as a Cause for the Left". You may recall I was very honored that AT published my work, but I disappointed they edited out my first two paragraphs. New Media Journal has also published the piece with it's original title and in it's entirety. I hope you take the time and check out the full version in NMJ.

An Extra Prayer

As you pray for the safety of our troops defending freedom in Iraq and Afgahnistan and ask God to give strength to the families of our fallen soldiers, please include an Israeli soldier in your prayers. Cpl. Gilad Shalit of the Israeli Defense Forces is currently being held hostage by Hamas. The media will make references to militants, military wing or affiliates of Hamas. Make no mistake, it's the same monster. Pray for Shalit's safe return to his family and ask God to give him strength while he endures the inhumanity of his captors. God Bless and protect Cpl. Gilad Shalit.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites