Thursday, May 04, 2006

Moussaoui gets life...Good!

Terrorist Wannabe

I know most Americans disagree, but I was glad to see Zacarias Moussaoui get a life sentence instead of the death penalty. Throughout the sentencing hearing it was obvious that Moussaoui was at most a bit player in 9/11. Granted that alone is good enough in my book to receive a sentence of death. It is also true that I am not a strong proponent of capital punishment and believe it should only be used in the most heinous of murders with indisputable evidence. The horrors of 9/11 is obvious, but Moussaoui role never was.

One of the daughters of a World Trade Center victim called Moussaoui a terrorist wannabe. I agree with that analogy. The jury referenced the fact he came from a dysfunctional home with an abusive father and a mother who placed him in French orphanages. He was subjected to racism as a Muslim growing up in France. This guy was in desperate need of acceptance and he believes he found it in Al Qaeda. However, it appears that Al Qaeda didn't necessarily accept him. Evidence also suggested that Moussaoui was viewed by Al Qaeda as having a big mouth and unreliable to carry out attacks because he couldn't be secretive. He may have simply been their little bitch who they kept around for whatever reasons, but never really clued him into anything.

While exiting the courtroom, Moussaoui thrust his fists into the air in a victory gesture and shouted: "America, you lost. I won." The media has been harping on this incident since they first went to print or broadcast. The truth is that Moussaoui is the big loser because he wanted to die. He believes that he would of been a Martyr when he was put to death by the Infidels. Instead he has been silenced forever and does not get to receive his 72 virgins. This monster gets to spend the rest of his life in solitary confinement in a cell barely big enough for him for him to get on his knees and pray toward Mecca. He will spend 23 hours a day in that cell with no human contact for the rest of his life. I think death is a better faith, so have fun rotting away you unwanted, unloved bastard.


Kudos to Willy

Its no secret that I have as much respect for Bill Clinton as I do a common street whore. However, I give credit whenever credit is due. The 42nd President announced yesterday that the major cola manufacturers will no longer be selling sugar based soda in schools by 2009/2010 school year. Clinton brokered a deal with the major cola companies in an effort to help prevent childhood obesity and diabetes.

It is no secret that American children are getting fatter everyday and type 2 diabetes is an epidemic among our youth. I have stated for years that sugar based soda has had horrific consequences for the U.S. population as a whole and we have learned recently that our children have been affected even worse. A can of Coke has 39 grams of sugar, but too many people drink a 20 oz bottle or the 32 oz big gulp. The human body was never meant to handle that much sugar in a short period of time.

I am no one to talk about weight control. However as a heavy person, I need to be more aware of possible health risks due to extra weight. I purposely stay away from regular pop or sugar based beverages and enriched flour products because of the high risk of type 2 diabetes. I am happy to say since my last check up a month ago I am not diabetic, I also have recently lowered my cholesterol 32 points and dropped pounds since the beginning of the year. I have a long...long way to go to achieve optimum health, but by staying away from sugar drinks we all can get on the path to a healthier life.

Clinton claims to be a recovering junk food addict and as we all know already had quadruple bypass. Obviously this mission is personal for him and I commend him on his efforts and results. It is true that many states were seeking legislation to ban junk food from our schools and the cola companies would have been forced into abiding by new laws. However many of us know that government doesn't work and I could be Clintons age before we saw healthier school cafeterias. Regardless, Clinton found away for government to not get involved and as private citizen worked to improve the health of our children. Kudos for your efforts. I will celebrate with a glass of skim milk after I change my youngest sons healthy poopy diaper.

Paulie








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites