Friday, August 10, 2007

Shabbat Shalom 26 Av 5767 I'm Back...Sort of

Paulies Point Sidelined by Leg Infection
Brilliant Blogger spends two nights in hospital

A week ago Thursday was a typical night for your brilliant blogger. I was at work enjoying a fun filled evening of 9-1-1 calls related to car accidents, domestic violence and the typical suspicious person, which usually means someone with a dark tone to their skin is in the complainants neighborhood.

A few minutes after 7pm I started getting chills, feeling a slight pain in my right leg and developed a high fever. Obviously I went home, thinking I was getting the flu. By morning my right leg looked like it was caked in hot sauce, my head hurt, I had a fever of 103 and couldn't write my blog to save my life.

A doctors visit later and antibiotics that were unable to cure my illness, it was time for the hard drugs to be administered. I was placed in the hospital to begin receiving heavy antibiotics intravenously.

A few days under the care of great nurses and rarely seen doctors, improvement had begun. The high fever was gone, but low grade temperatures still remain. My infection is clearing up, but slowly. I have a pic line placed in my arm so my wife can still administer my medication intravenously. I had to agree to that if I wanted to go home.

When will I fully recover is hard to say. I am hopeful that I can at least resume a normal life next week. It's hard to say exactly how I got this staff/strep infection in my leg. I had scrapped my right leg against the end of the car door the weekend before last, which is believed to be the culprit in permitting the bacteria to get into my tissue.

Anyway, my apologies for the lack of postings, I'm sure you understand. I hope to be back to normal sometime next week.

Paulie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites