Friday, October 20, 2006

Shabbat Shalom 28 Tishrei 5767

Wal-Mart Rocks

A few weeks after announcing that their Florida stores will be selling hundreds of generic prescription drugs for $4, Wal-Mart announced yesterday they will be expanding the program to 14 states, including Illinois and Indiana. Yes, I am talking about that evil corporate entity that forces mom & pop stores to close, treats their employees like slaves and permits financially challenged families to buy basic goods at lower prices than union stores, who charge nearly $4 for a gallon of milk. Now those monsters will be providing hundreds of prescription drugs to families and seniors for extremely low prices. What is that I hear? It's the silence of Democrats, who complain about evil corporations such as Wal-Mart.


Your Credit Card Rewards Program

Last week I was setting up one of my fantasy football league line-ups and I saw an advertisement for a credit card with a typical Rewards program. It occurred to me that I have a visa with such a plan, so I called up my bank and learned that I had some enormous amount of points that translated into over $200 in cash or gift cards. Today I received a check from my bankcard for $225. If you have a Rewards program with a credit card, call them up and see if you have some benefits coming back to you. If you like me and just forgot about it, let this be your reminder.

Sports Weekend

Last weekend Paulies Point went a respectable 2-2, but admittedly not as well as I hoped. This week is surprisingly tough, but I believe victory will be at hand.

College Saturday

Wisconsin travels to West Lafayette to take on Purdue. The Badgers are a 6.5 point favorite and I do believe they will cover the spread against the Boilermakers, 24-14.

Michigan State will be in Evanston to take on Northwestern. The Spartans are a 6.5 point favorite and should easily cover the spread against a pathetic Wildcat club, 31-10.

NFL Sunday

Philadelphia travels south to play Tampa Bay. Take the Eagles to cover the 4 point line, 27-14.

The Cardinals come off that devastating loss to the Bears on Monday night and play the sad Raiders. Arizona may still be distraught but the Raiders are horrible, so look for the Cardinals to cover the 3 point spread, 27-9.

Paulie









1 Comments:

At 10/20/2006 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purdue beats the spread and may even pull out a victory.

MSU, Philly, Cardinals - all agreed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites